- Accidental DamageShould your powered wheelchair be receive accidental damage in an incident such as accidental/malicious damage, vandalism, fire, storm or flood, we cover the cost of a repair or replacement.
- Covered for Loss/TheftWe will look to replace your powerchair should it be stolen or lost following an insured event where the powerchair is not recovered.
- Up to £2m Public Liability CoverWe pay up to £2m legal liability for damage to property or injury to third parties following an insured event.
- Personal AccidentFollowing an insured event where a user is injured, we pay up to £3,000. If the accident is fatal, we will look to pay the users personal legal representative.
- Recovery CostsIf your powerchair needs repairing before it is usable following an insured event, we’ll cover the costs up to £100 in any one claim.
- Personal BelongingsIf your personal items are lost, damaged or stolen following an insured event, we pay up to £250 to replace them.
- New for Old ReplacementIf your powerchair is under 4 years of age and the cost of the repair is likely to exeed 60% of its original price, we will look to replace the powerchair with a brand new one. We may offer a cash settlement for a similar powerchair.
- Hiring Alternative EquipmentWe cover the cost of hiring similar equipment following an insured event for up to £5 per day to a maximum total of £100 per year.
- Hospital BenefitIf you are admitted to hospital following an insured event in direct connection with the powerchair, the user can receive a benefit of up to £10 towards expensves for each day in care. Maximum total payable £250 in any one year.
- Personal Assault.If you are mugged or assaulted when using the powered wheelchair which leads to hospital care, we can pay a benefit of up to £250 providing a satisfactory doctor/police report is provided.
- Worldwide CoverYour policy also covers you for worldwide travel (excluding North America & Canada) in respect of loss or damage to your powered wheelchair for up to 50 days per year.
- Puncture CareWe pay up to £100 for the cost of repairing a tyre puncture on your powered wheelchair. The limit is a maximum of £200 in any one year.
- Manual Wheelchair CoverIf you own a manual wheelchair your policy also provides up to £2000 in cover for losses and claims covered by this scheme.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need powerchair insurance?
By law, you don’t have to have an insurance policy for your powerchair, but because they are often expensive items that a user is very dependent on, it’s a no-brainer to take out an insurance policy for just £38.95 a year so that you’re completely protected!
Will you replace my powerchair if it is lost, damaged or stolen?
If your powerchair is lost or stolen, we will provide a like-for-like replacement. If your powerchair is damaged, we will front the cost of getting it repaired, unless the cost of repair exceeds 60% of the powerchair value – where we will then provide a brand new replacement.
Am I covered if my powerchair isn’t secured?
In certain circumstances, when left unattended for less than 1 hour, you will be covered by the insurance policy. We strongly recommend that you always secure your powerchair before leaving it unattended to prevent theft. A theft claim is only valid when the theft is forcible.
Can I receive a cash settlement for my claim?
We may offer a cash settlement representing the discounted price for which a replacement (or similar) model can then be obtained.
How do I make a claim?
If you need to make an insurance claim, call us on 0191 258 8175. For more information on the claim process, please read our how to make a claim blog post.
Are there any geographical limits?
This insurance policy is limited to persons living in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Isles.