- Accidental DamageShould your powered wheelchair be receive accidental damage in an incident such as accidental/malicious damage, vandalism, fire, storm or flood, we cover the cost of a repair or replacement.
- Covered for Loss/TheftWe will look to replace your powerchair should it be stolen or lost following an insured event where the powerchair is not recovered.
- Up to £1m Public Liability CoverWe pay up to £1m legal liability for damage to property or injury to third parties following an insured event.
- Personal AccidentFollowing an insured event where a user is injured, we pay up to £3,000. If the accident is fatal, we will look to pay the users personal legal representative.
- Recovery CostsIf your powerchair needs repairing before it is usable following an insured event, we’ll cover the costs up to £100 in any one claim.
- Personal BelongingsIf your personal items are lost, damaged or stolen following an insured event, we pay up to £250 to replace them.
- New for Old ReplacementIf your powerchair is under 4 years of age and the cost of the repair is likely to exeed 60% of its original price, we will look to replace the powerchair with a brand new one. We may offer a cash settlement for a similar powerchair.
- Hiring Alternative EquipmentWe cover the cost of hiring similar equipment following an insured event for up to £10 per day to a maximum total of £100 per year.
- Hospital BenefitIf you are admitted to hospital following an insured event in direct connection with the powerchair, the user can receive a benefit of up to £10 towards expensves for each day in care. Maximum total payable £250 in any one year.
- Personal Assault.If you are mugged or assaulted when using the powered wheelchair which leads to hospital care, we can pay a benefit of up to £250 providing a satisfactory doctor/police report is provided.
- Worldwide CoverYour policy also covers you for worldwide travel (excluding North America & Canada) in respect of loss or damage to your powered wheelchair for up to 50 days per year.
- Manual Wheelchair CoverIf you own a manual wheelchair your policy also provides up to £2000 in cover for losses and claims covered by this scheme.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any geographical limits?
This insurance policy is limited to persons living in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Isles.
Do I need powerchair insurance?
By law, you don’t have to have an insurance policy for your powerchair, but because they are often expensive items that a user is very dependent on, it’s a no-brainer to take out an insurance policy for just £37.99 a year so that you’re completely protected!
Will you replace my powerchair if it is lost, damaged or stolen?
If your powerchair is lost or stolen, we will provide a like-for-like replacement. If your powerchair is damaged, we will front the cost of getting it repaired, unless the cost of repair exceeds 60% of the powerchair value – where we will then provide a brand new replacement.
Am I covered if my powerchair isn’t secured?
In certain circumstances, when left unattended for less than 1 hour, you will be covered by the insurance policy. We strongly recommend that you always secure your powerchair before leaving it unattended to prevent theft. A theft claim is only valid when the theft is forcible.
Can I receive a cash settlement for my claim?
We may offer a cash settlement representing the discounted price for which a replacement (or similar) model can then be obtained.
How do I make a claim?
If you need to make an insurance claim, call us on 0191 258 8175. For more information on the claim process, please read our how to make a claim blog post.