- Accidental DamageIf accidental damage is caused to your mobility scooter, we will cover you under the insurance scheme. This includes accidental damage, malicious damage, vandalism, fire, storm or flood.
- Covered for Loss/TheftIf your mobility scooter is lost following an insured event or if it is stolen and has not been recovered, we will replace your mobility scooter as quickly as possible.
- Up to £1m Public Liability CoverWe cover legal liability for accidental damage to the property of or accidental injury to third parties arising from an insured event for up to £1m.
- Personal AccidentWe pay up to £3,000 if the user is injured as a result of an insured event. Where the accident is fatal, we will pay the users personal legal representative.
- Recovery CostsFollowing an insured event which results in your mobility scooter needing repair before it can be used again, reasonable expenses are covered to get you and the scooter home. The limit is £100 to any one claim.
- New for Old ReplacementIf after an insured event the total cost of the repair to the mobility scooter is likely to exceed 60% of the list price, we will look to replace the scooter with a brand new one. We may offer a cash settlement for which a similar make/model can be obtained. This applies to scooters under 4 years only.
- Personal Assault.In the event of the user being mugged and/or assaulted using the insured scooter which leads to hospital care, we pay a benefit of up to £250 to the user subject to a satisfactory doctor and police report being provided.
- Personal BelongingsWe cover up to £250 of personal effects should they be lost, damaged or stolen as a result of an insured event.
- Hiring Alternative EquipmentWe will look to pay up to £10 per day towards the cost of hiring similar items of equipment in the event of a valid insurance claim. Maximum total benefit payable is £100 in any one year.
- Hospital BenefitIf the user is admitted to hospital following an accident sustained in connection with the mobility scooter the user may receive a benefit of up to £10 towards incurred expenses for each day that the user is hospitalised. Maximum total hospital benefit payable is £250 in any one year.
- Worldwide CoverYour policy also covers you for worldwide travel (excluding North America & Canada) in respect of loss or damage to your mobility scooter for up to 50 days per year.
- Manual Wheelchair CoverIf you own a manual wheelchair your policy also provides up to £2000 in cover for losses and claims covered by this scheme.
Truly competitive mobility scooter insurance…
With a Trustpilot rating of 4 out of 5**, you can rely on Eden Mobility to offer you a truly competitive quote for one of our comprehensive insurance policies that we’re confident will suit your needs, whilst maintaining our excellent level of customer service. What we feel sets us apart from the rest is that we’re not only an insurance provider, we’re also a mobility scooter retailer – so you can rest assured we know the product.
We’re here for you…
We aim to be completely transparent with the services that we offer, so you can rest assured that there are no hidden charges. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will be happy to answer any questions that you may have about our services or products.
We know about scooters…
Eden Mobility have been in business for 21 years and now have 31 stores throughout the UK, offering a variety of products to help elderly and disabled persons, including mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs. This means that you can have confidence that you are purchasing your insurance policy or breakdown cover from a reputable and established company with more than 19 years’ experience and product knowledge.
Breakdown recovery also available…
As well as being able to provide insurance cover for our customers mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs, we can also provide breakdown cover. This means that you no longer have to worry about your mobility scooter or powered wheelchair breaking down and resulting in you being stranded – we’ve got you covered.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any geographical limits?
This insurance policy is limited to persons living in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Isles.
How much is mobility scooter insurance?
Our mobility scooter insurance plan is £59.95 per year. We don’t offer any low or high tier plans that offer different levels of cover, we simply offer an excellent value plan at a price that will give you complete peace of mind.
Does my policy cover me for loss or theft of the scooter?
If your mobility scooter is lost or stolen, our policy will cover the cost of a replacement scooter.
Do I need insurance for my mobility scooter?
Legally, no you don’t yet need insurance to use a mobility scooter on the road – although it is strongly advised that you do take our insurance to cover yourself, others and property. In the event of your scooter being damaged/stolen – we’ll have you covered.
Does my insurance cover me abroad?
Our insurance covers you Worldwide, excluding North America and Canada in respect to loss or damage, for a maximum period of up to 50 days whilst you are temporarily outside of the geographic limits (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Isles).
If my scooter is damaged/stolen, how will I get home?
We will cover the reasonable expenses at a cost up to £100 to get you home.
Will the policy cover my personal belongings?
Our insurance policy will cover your personal belongings up to a value of £250 if they are lost, damaged or stolen as a result of an insured event.
How do I make a claim?
If you need to make an insurance claim, call us on 0191 258 8175. For more information on the claim process, please read our how to make a claim blog post.